Whoops that was a little bit of a pause in the blog posts there. Sorry about that.
The past six months have been a little up and down for me and I’ve been busy with a few projects. Luckily I’m back to stability and should be able to jump back into doing some more regular writing over the next few months.
A quick catch-up on what I’ve been up to in the past six months
- I quit my full-time barista job to fully focus on doing my own thing
- Slumped into a life crisis as unemployment does not suit me at all
- Ran a coffee pop-up for three months inside a dive bar with disastrous results (Several posts about this in the pipeline)
- Lost some of my passion for Speciality Coffee, primarily my enthusiasm for the industry itself and what some of the leading voices push us to focus on. (A few posts will be on this too)
- Considered a career change and moving city… again
- Ran a few coffee bars at international events*
- Found a site to run a successful coffee bar in Glasgow, albeit temporarily
- Finally got out of my slump since I was back to being busy, productive and no longer pissing money in my business
- Got back into blog writing by summarising the past six months in a 4000 word, overly personal post which apparently was not saved anywhere on my computer
- Had a second crack with a short 300 post giving a more basic and less whiney summary.
What fun. I’ll try and commit to a fortnightly post from now on but expect me to be even more sceptical, judgemental and moany than ever before.
*Fun Fact from my travels, the Chernobyl exclusion zone is actually the most cheery place in Ukraine.